As the invitation to a company’s housewarming party lands in your mailbox it’s already too late. The company has moved and you as a real estate agent have missed your chance to make them rent a space from you. Here's a how to do sales prospecting for real estate companies.
Challenge: the biggest challenge for real estate companies is to find companies that need to find a new office now or within a nearby future.
Today: many real estate companies find their prospects in lists with information about when office leases expire. They often also work with paid advertising and cold calling to boost their lead generation. As this works okay, information from open data can help them further improve their prospecting and sales. Both fast growing companies and companies that are forced to do downsizings tend to move before their lease expires.
“When you find a correlation between a specific event and a company’s readiness to move to a new office space, open data helps you to quickly make a smart short-list of prospects to contact.”
Open Data / Vainu: there are many things that can give away a company that’s soon in need of a new office space. With insights from open data you as a real estate agent can find many of these clues easier, making qualified assumptions and target the right companies with the right message at the right time.
5 datapoints that help real estate companies to improve their prospecting:
- Rapid changes in growth. Both a strong positive, and a considerably negative growth indicates that a company can be in need of a new office soon. An expanding company needs more space to operate in a company forced to do downsizings may have to look for a smaller and cheaper office.
- Personnel changes. Companies that expand and hire new people to new posts must need a new office within a nearby future, every new employee has to sit somewhere. Also companies that are forced to lay off people might need to move soon.
- Investments. Companies taking in investments are often fast growing companies, these companies tend to need either larger office spaces in one city or new office spaces in other areas as they expand geographically.
- Companies that have moved recently. Through open data you can easily find what companies have moved during the last, for example, six months. Even the fastest growing of these companies will probably not move again within the next half year. Open data not only helps you find companies that suits your business, it also helps you understand what companies you shouldn’t focus on right now.
- Use map function Companies rarely move far. If you find a correlation between a specific event and and a company’s readiness to move to a new office space open data helps you to quickly make a smart short-list of prospects to contact. With the map function in Vainu you can find companies with specific qualities in a certain area. Fast growing companies close to the office space you rent out are most likely interested to hear from you.
Find your sweet spot
In Vainu you can monitor an unlimited number of target groups. You can stay updated about what’s going on, not only with your existing customers, but also with other real estate companies. As you know what you’re up against it’s easier for you to tailor your messages and offers to attract the right prospects for you.
With a large number of datapoints accessible you can take a closer look at your excising customers to create well-defined ICPs.
You have plenty of leads… and now?
Too many leads? There is actually an easy solution to this luxury problem. With open data you can not only find more qualified leads. You can also gain insights that help you prioritize which of these leads you should focus now.
With a large number of datapoints accessible you can take a closer look at your excising customers to later create well defined ICPs, Ideal Customer Profiles. This makes it easier for you to search for high quality prospects, and as you know how your dream customers walk and talk it becomes easier for you to tailor your message towards these companies.